CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
JEROME COUNTY ASSESSOR
FULL TIME POSITION: RECEPTION/DATA ENTRY
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO THE JEROME COUNTY ASSESSOR'S OFFICE BY
DECEMBER 4TH AT 5:00 PM
THE JEROME COUNTY ASSESSOR'S OFFICE IS SEEKING A FULL TIME POSITION FOR A RECEPTION, DATA ENTRY PERSON. SALARY DEPENDS ON QUALIFICATIONS AND INCLUDES BENEFIT PACKAGE
SOME REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. MUST BE ABLE TO READ AND WRITE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
2. POSSESS THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND AND FOLLOW ORAL AND WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS.
3. HAVE A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF AND HOW TO OPERATE A VARIETY OF OFFICE
MACHINES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COPIERS, COMPUTERS, ADDING
MACHINES, PHONE SYSTEMS AND ANY OTHER DEVICES THE ASSESSOR OR CHIEF
DEPUTY MAY DEEM NECESSARY.
4. BE PH YSICALLY ABLE TO PREFORM REQUIRED RESPONSIBILITIES WHICH MAY IN CLUDE
LIFTING UP TO 25 POUNDS.
5. POSSESS THE ABILITY TO WORK WITH THE CURRENT ASSESSOR'S OFFICE PERSONNEL.
6. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WITH A VARIETY OF INDIVIDUALS THAT COME INTO THE
ASSESSOR'S OFFICE SEEKING HELP ON A VARIETY OF ISSUES THAT PERTAIN TO THE
7. POSSES COMPUTER DATA ENTRY SKILLS.
8. HAVE THE ABILITY TO ANSWER TELEPHONE CALLS AND TRY TO RESOLVE ISSUES AND
CONCERNS OF THE CALLER AND DIRECT CALLS TO THE PROPER PERSON.
9. BE HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY.
10. SCAN A VARIETY OF DOCUMENTS TO BE ARCHIVED ON THE COUNTY COMPUTER
11. RETURN FILES AND PAPERWORK TO THE PROPER LOCATION EITHER BY NUMERIC OR
12. FILL OUT HOMEOWNER EXEMPTIONS AND CIRCU IT BREAKER APPLICATIONS.
13. EMAIL PROPERTY RECORDS TO REQUESTING PARTIES.
14. AND PREFORM ANY OTHER DUTY DEEMED NECESSARY OR PRUDENT BY THE ASSESSOR
OR THE CHIEF DEPUTY.
15. JEROME COUNTY IS A DRUG FREE WORK PLACE AND SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE
REQUIRED TO PASS A DRUG SCREENING TEST.
Full/time Position: Status Offender/Diversion Officer Coordinator
Wage: $15-$17 per/hour or higher DOE
Jerome County Status Offender/Diversion Program that will be based on Restorative Justice
Practices and Model.
This person will be responsible in recruiting and overseeing volunteers to be trained in
Individual will be responsible in working with families, the Courts, the Prosecutor's Office, Law
Enforcement, Schools, etc. in providing restorative practices and programming.
The target group will be status offenders and some first-time misdemeanor offenders in an effort
to provide them with services without being involved with the formal court system.
This position will require working some evenings to meet with families and volunteers, drug
testing and follow office procedure manual. Maintain and organize records with sensitive
Minimum Position Requirements:
College Degree preferred but not required. Some experiences working with families with At Risk
youths. Candidate must be willing to learn and apply Restorative Practices. Applicant
must be 21 years of age and a high school graduate or equivalent with a valid driver's license.
Must be able to pass a background check and work well with families and public service
providers, have good communications skills, have basic computer skills, bi-lingual is preferred
but not required.
Applications can be found on the Jerome County web site www.jeromecountyid.us
Submit resume & application to:
Jerome County Juvenile Probation
300 N Lincoln Rm #111
Jerome, ID 83338
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT - DRUG FREE WORK PLACE
This opening will close on December 15, 2020