CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
JEROME COUNTY FAIR
Non-Exempt, Full-time position
The Maintenance Supervisor is hired by the Jerome County Fair Manager and works directly under the supervision of the fair manager. Salary to be set by the County Commissioners & Jerome County Fair Board.
Oversee general maintenance operations of the fairground facilities. Assign all seasonal employees duties to keep facilities operational. Make recommendations for hiring, promoting, or terminating permanent and temporary employees under his direction.
Will be expected to prioritize projects, plan work schedules and determine needed projects with the supervision of the fair manager.
Inspect all buildings as needed, including plumbing and electrical for proper maintenance. Perform inspections of grounds including fences, pavement, or other structures to ensure proper maintenance.
You will be required to prepare the fairgrounds for events with specific goals toward the preparations for the annual fair.
You will be responsible for keeping accurate maintenance records on fair owned vehicles and attendance records for personnel under your direction.
Will be required to attend planning meetings with the manager, and attend fair board meeting as necessary. Will be required to do progress reports to the Board upon requested.
You will be responsible for procuring needed supplies, parts, and equipment after approval with supervision of the Manager. You will be expected to keep within all budget guidelines as set by the Board.
You will be expected to maintain good public relations at all times.
You will be required to work irregular and extended hours.
Perform other duties as required.
- General knowledge of maintenance skills, (i.e., carpentry, electrical, painting, welding, lawn care, irrigation, plumbing and basic mechanics).
- Ability to schedule, supervise and organized projects for seasonal grounds employees.
- Ability to operate water truck, tractor, harrow, grader, forklift equipment.
- Ability to perform essential duties efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand and walk.
- Ability to push, pull, lift objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position.
- Ability to grasp, feel, talk and hear.
- Exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to work in extreme cold and heat.
- Ability to work with noise sufficient enough to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard.
- Ability to work in conditions where there is oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body. Hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or chemicals.
- Ability to work in atmospheric conditions where one or more of the following conditions are present: Exhaust fumes, animal orders, dust, mists, or poor ventilation.
- Benefits included, salary DOE