My taxes increased, who do I talk to?

If you have seen an increase on your tax bill you should first determine if you have an active homeowners exemption for the tax year. If you moved prior to the tax year, your homeowners exemption will be removed. You can refer to your assessment notice or contact the assessor's office to confirm. If you built a new structure the previous year, there will be additional taxable value.With assessment values overall the assessor's office is mandated by the state legislation to keep assessed values within 10% of market value. The market is always fluctuating; we do our best to keep our values as up to date as possible and must adjust accordingly. If your values have not changed and your your exemptions are current, please contact the treasurers office for changes with the levies.

Show All Answers

1. How is my property assessed?
2. My taxes increased, who do I talk to?
3. What if I don't agree with my assessed value?
4. How do I get my property lines or survey?
5. Where can I get new plates or renew my tags for a vehicle?
6. Where can I obtain or renew my driver's license?
7. Where can I record a deed or document?
8. What type of exemptions are available to homeowners?
9. When should I apply for the Homeowners Exemption?
10. Who can I talk to regarding a lien against my property?
11. Who can I talk to about property auctions?
12. Where can I get a new or renew a passport?
13. What is Market Value?
14. How often are property values adjusted?
15. How can my property be assessed on improvements when I haven’t made any?
16. What makes property real or personal?
17. How do I know what value the assessor has estimated for my property?
18. Why do I pay higher taxes than my neighbor?