CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
THE JEROME COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF
MOTOR VEHICLES HAS A POSITION OPEN FOR A
APPLY BY JANUARY 12, 2021. AT 5:00PM
THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME OF THE REQUIREMENTS AN APPLICANT NEEDS TOPOSSESS TO FILL THIS POSITION,
1. MUST BE ABLE TO READ, WRITE, AND SPEAK THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
2. BI LINGUAL ENGLISH AND SPANISH PREFERRED.
3. POSSESS THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND AND FOLLOW ORAL OR WRITTEN
4. COMMUNICATE ORALLY AND IN WRITING.
5. HAVE A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF OPERATING A VARIETY OF OFFICE MACHINES.
6. BE PHYSICALLY ABLE TO PREFORM REQUIRED RESPONSIBILITIES WHICH MAY INCLUDE LIFTING UP 25 POUNDS.
7. POSSESS THE ABILITY TO WORK WITH THE CURRENT DMV STAFF.
8. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WITH A VARIETY OF CUSTOMERS AND RECEIVE RATHER HARSH CRITICISM WITHOUT BECOMING DEFENSIVE OR FEEL THE NEED TO RETALIATE.
9. POSSESS COMPUTER DATA ENTRY SKILLS.
10. HAVE THE ABILITY TO ANSWER TELEPHONE CALLS AS WELL AS COMMUNICATE WITH THE STATE ON A VARIETY OF TITLE AND REGISTRATION QUESTIONS.
11. POSSESS SUFFICIENT MATH SKILLS TO BE ABLE TO COUNT CHANGE, TOTAL COLUMS OF NUMBERS, BALANCE TOTAL SHEETS, FIGURE TAX AMOUNTS.
12. BE TRUSTWORTHY AND HONEST.
13. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN A TEN.KEY TEST AT THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW.
14. POSSESS TYPING SKILLS.
15. BE WILLING TO PREFORM THE ABOVE DUTIES AND ANY OTHER DUTIES THAT MAY BE
REQUIRED OF YOU BY THE JEROME COUNTY ASSESSOR OR THE DMV SUPERVISOR.
].6. BE ABLE TO SCAN AND EMAIL TO THE STATE.
17. BE ABLE TO BALANCE MONTHLY BOOK.
18. PLACE OFFICE SUPPLY ORDER ONLINE.
19. BE ORGANIZED.
This position is 37.5 hours per week with benefits, pay DOE.
Please go to the Jerome County website print, fill out the application and submit applications to Rick Haberman in the Assessors office or you can drop them off to HR.
Full/time Position: Status Offender/Diversion Officer Coordinator
Wage: $15-$17 per/hour or higher DOE
Jerome County Status Offender/Diversion Program that will be based on Restorative Justice
Practices and Model.
This person will be responsible in recruiting and overseeing volunteers to be trained in
Individual will be responsible in working with families, the Courts, the Prosecutor's Office, Law
Enforcement, Schools, etc. in providing restorative practices and programming.
The target group will be status offenders and some first-time misdemeanor offenders in an effort
to provide them with services without being involved with the formal court system.
This position will require working some evenings to meet with families and volunteers, drug
testing and follow office procedure manual. Maintain and organize records with sensitive
Minimum Position Requirements:
College Degree preferred but not required. Some experiences working with families with At Risk
youths. Candidate must be willing to learn and apply Restorative Practices. Applicant
must be 21 years of age and a high school graduate or equivalent with a valid driver's license.
Must be able to pass a background check and work well with families and public service
providers, have good communications skills, have basic computer skills, bi-lingual is preferred
but not required.
Applications can be found on the Jerome County web site www.jeromecountyid.us
Submit resume & application to:
Jerome County Juvenile Probation
300 N Lincoln Rm #111
Jerome, ID 83338
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT - DRUG FREE WORK PLACE
This opening will close on December 15, 2020