Our office is committed to provide excellent customer service in a friendly atmosphere. For us to accomplish that we ask that you provide documentation that is required by the Idaho Transportation Department. These document requirements can be found here or in the list below.
The New Deadline for the enforcement of the Star Card (Real ID) is October 1, 2021
Driver’s License Office
2151 South Tiger Dr.
Jerome, Idaho 83338
(208) 595-3305 or (208) 595-3306
(Vehicle licensing and registration is ran by a separate office. They are located at 300 North Lincoln, Jerome, Idaho 83338. Phone number (208) 644-2730)
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We stop issuing Licenses and Identification Cards at 4:15 p.m.. You must be in line by 4:00 p.m. to be issued anything.
Closed on weekends and Holidays
- Testing for Class D Licenses is available until 4:00 p.m. (Keep in mind that we stop issuing at 4:15 p.m. If you pass your test after that time, you will not be issued a driver’s license that day).
- Testing for CDL is available until 3:00 p.m.
Documents Required for Licensing
If you are a new applicant for a driver’s license, instruction permit, identity card or driver training permit, you are required to provide the following documents:
- Certified State Birth certificate (not a hospital issued one)
- Out of state driver’s license (if applicable)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Idaho Residency
- Proof of Legal Presence if you are not a U. S. Citizen
- Verification of School Compliance (VOC) if under 18
- Liability Signer if under 18
- Non-Idaho Driver’s License or I.D. card
- Visual/Medical Certification (if required)
- Click here for STAR card information
Anyone under 17 years of age need to be signed up with a driver’s training school BEFORE coming in to get a permit.
Driver’s License & Identification Card Fees
NEW FEES FOR DRIVER’S LICENSE WILL GO INTO EFFECT ON THURSDAY, JULY 1ST, 2021!
CLASS D DRIVERS LICENSE & PERMITS
1 Year ( Age 17 & Age 20)
3 Years (Under 18 & Age 18-21)
4 Years (Age 21 and over)
8- Years ( Age 21 to 62)
Instruction Permit (Ages 17 & Older)
Student Instruction Permit ($6.50 to state portion of road test)
Road Test (Skills tester charges an additional fee)
Under age 18 & 21 (Including duplicates)
4 years Age 21 and over (Including duplicates)
8 years Age 21 and over (Including duplicates)
Road Test- (Collected by skills tester.. not to exceed $25.00)
Instruction Permit/Duplicate Permit/Motorcycle Endorsement
COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE (CLASS A, B, C DRIVERS LICENSE & PERMITS)
Ages 18 & 19
Age 21 & up
Written Test & Endorsement Test
Road Test (Skills tester will charge an additional fee)
Duplicate CDL/add Endorsement
In Idaho, the Idaho State Transportation Department mandates the rules and regulations in each county, and the County Sheriff’s Office provides the services as dictated by Idaho Code.